13.2.10

Software

Following a lecture last week, I have decided that I should learn to use more graphics computer software.
Adrian Shaughnessy, well known writer, designer and critic, lectured us on how to make it into the world of graphics after university, gaining references from his well known book 'How To Be A Graphic Designer Without Losing Your Soul'.
When asked what he'd be looking at to do if he were graduating in current times, he answered that he would look into the digital age, claiming that this was an exciting time to enter the world of graphic design. He stressed that the digital skills of a graphic designer will become more and more important.

This hit home on me. I feel competent enough in Adobe Photoshop, but I have not really had a go at anything else. Hence, I am writing a list of software that I would like to learn to use, in a semi order of priority:

Adobe InDesign - Design layouts
Adobe Illustrator - Vector graphics drawing
Adobe Dreamweaver - Web development application
Adobe AfterEffects - digital motion graphics and compositing software
Adobe Fireworks - Create and optimize images for the web
Abobe Flash - Create interactive features for websites

No comments:

Post a Comment